Tuesday, November 4, 2008

life - the general or universal condition of human existence

I have recently been reminded just how precious and fragile a life can be and how easily people can throw it away. I was speaking with a woman at who has a friend that found out she was pregnant. Perfect family situation, but she just does not want the baby and is seriously considering abortion.

This really made me think long and hard about my feelings on the issue. It makes me mad that people can even make the decision to throw a life away. To be that indifferent to another human being, to a life that you created.

My future sister in law is pregnant and it's been a rocky road for her. For awhile the chances of this baby surviving were very slim. Thinking about her and all those other mothers who struggle to have children and all those mothers who are unable to have children... it just makes me mad that someone could be selfish enough to just throw a baby away.

A mistake for someone could turn into the biggest reward in another woman's life, if only people would choose adoption instead of abortion.

When my mom was pregnant with me, she was advised by her doctor to have an abortion due to a medical condition she had. Thank God my mother was someone who did not believe in abortion.

Who knows what all these unborn babies could turn into? They could do some great things if they were just given the precious gift of life.

1 comment:

Kira said...

I agree about abortion. The only time I would ever consider it (don't know if I could go through with it or not though) would be in the case of rape. It's such a hard decision for people in that situation.

But I also think it's insanely selfish to destroy an unborn childs life when the baby just didn't fit into your plans. Such a sad world =/